Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beyond the Bike with a side of Catch-Up

First I just want to apologize for being away for so long, and am going to catch-up a bit.
It's mid-winter, and not alot of riding is being done lately, which makes us all a little stir crazy. So I thought I would bring a little sunshine into our lives, by sharing pics of summer activities not done on the bike. I do have some bike run pics to follow up with, as well as recent additions to my life. Lets get started, shall we?

A little boating at Modesto Reservoir in my brother in law's boat




I love this pic & can't believe I got this shot!


We also did some rafting.....








This guy rigged his own by putting a lawn chair on a piece of wood & setting it down in this canoe!

He was taking on water...

We also went and watched some Monster Trucks races with a little Extreme Air motocross mixed in.












A little trip to the zoo....










And of course ya gotta get a ride in....go Marky!
Then we headed to San Francisco for my daughter's 21st birthday......










We love to go to San Francisco and enjoyed our time with the family, Happy Birthday!

With that said, we also love the mountains just as much or more....







.....Now, we did do a year end Toy Run hosted by Renegade Classics, that benefits local children in need. I don't have many picks of the run, but I do have e few pics if some nice bikes.










Okay, last but not least...(as most of you already know), we bought a new Jeep! On 1/2/2010 we went and purchased it.




...Then the first day out, this happened...



I don't know how, but it did! And here is the culprit, circle side in...
We haven't taken it out to play yet, but I'm sure we will soon. That means sooner or later a 'Jeep' post will be in the future! Probably later than sooner, because it's not broke in yet. But when that day comes, you'll know!

I left out the details on this post & just wanted to get back into the swing of things. I miss you all & look forward to new adventures in this new year!

.......Sooner than later.......


7 comments:

  1. Looks like yall had some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I almost copied uncle jerry's comment word for word. I think this time of year we all need a little view of what summer was, or can be. Thanks Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great summer off the bike as well. All but the smog. I think Mr. Motorcycle had the same tire issue this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I can't wait till summer time again! You just gave me spring fever lady :) Thanks for sharing all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Photos!!! Thanks for sharing all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy you were busy this last summer weren't you and it looks like you've figured out your new camera too!

    I love rafting and have not done it in years! And the guy doing the extreme air are NUTS!

    Glad to see you back! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did a lot of rafting last summer too...great photos..
    Big AL

    ReplyDelete