Ritual: any practice or pattern of behavior regularly performed in a set manner.
Routine: regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure.
I have come to notice that I have a 'routine' of sorts before going on a ride, and was wondering if I was just crazy, or do all bikers have a ritual or routine before getting on the bike?
- My biker clothes are kept separate; so they can be accessed at a moments notice
- Shirts are layered on (depending on weather); 2 tanks-a short sleeved-and a long sleeved
- A particular pair of pants only!
- Two pairs of socks; always
- Biker boots; of course
- Take important items; ID, money, etc. from large purse to smaller biker purse
- A light hoodie
- Put hair in pony-tail
- Last but not least; helmet, glasses, and gloves
This is all done in orderly fashion. I know it may seem normal to some, and weird to others. A rider may have a different ritual or routine, which leaves me to ask this question; Do you have a Ritual or Routine before getting on the bike?